Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lukas Reading Aloud to My Wonderful Students!

The following pics show my oldest son, Lukas, who'll be in 2nd grade this coming year, reading aloud to my summer 1 students: he's reading out of Serge Bloch's Butterflies in My Stomach:
This is Lukas at home the weekend leading up to his read aloud. He took his task very seriously, practicing several times to get it just right. He's so focused that he's twirling his hair.

My kid's a natural. And he's a good-looking kid, too.

By this point, Lukas had already basically turned his back on half his audience, but my students were so cool that they didn't even notice, or if they did, they said that it was simply awesome (my words, their sentiment, I'm sure) that a boy his age would even have the guts to do something like this.

We had a great read aloud in TTU's COE's Sitton Burkhart Children's Library. Here are a couple of the students in my summer 1 class listening to Lukas read. They were too cool, laughing at all the right places, which made Lukas' day. He was all smiles. Mikah, my middle son, didn't read, but he loved listening to my students reading aloud. He's a big fan of you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment